So I haven’t had an opportunity to craft yet this week. I have been busy with helping Nico to file taxes, school work and trying to find a place to live in Sacramento. It is getting a little hectic around here but it will all work out in the end; I am sure of it!
I wanted to share a recipe from Taste of Home Summer Desserts (pretty sure I have the 2010 one) that I made a while ago! It was super tasty! They were upside down pineapple cupcakes and they were like mini cakes since I used the extra-large throw away muffin tin from the grocery store. They are at the top of the list in terms of favorite cupcakes/dessert so needless to say they were awesome! The recipe is below and the link to the recipe is below that.
• 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
• 1 cup packed light brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
• 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
• 12 maraschino cherries, well drained
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups sugar
• 1 cup canola oil
• 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Whipped topping, optional
• Line the bottom of 12 greased jumbo muffin cups with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
• In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Spoon 1 tablespoonful into each muffin cup; top each with a pineapple slice and a cherry.
• In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thickened and lemon-colored. Beat in the oil, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to egg mixture and mix well.
• Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 1 dozen jumbo cupcakes.