Now I have some super awesome cake like cookies to share with you, they were super good.
Applesauce Cookies with Carmel Frosting
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter
1 cup applesauce
2 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cloves
3 Tbs Butter
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
For the Cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Mix the sugar, egg, and butter in a large mixing bowl.
3. Once mixture is combined mix in the apple sauce until incorporated
4. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients
5. Incorporate the dry into the wet
6. Scoop onto a greased cookie sheet. No need to pat down just scoop and drop
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes (Makes about 3 dozen)
1. Mix together the butter, brown sugar & vanilla. Once mixed slowly add in the heavy cream and mix well then by the ¼ cup add in the powdered sugar until you find it to be sweet enough. I used ¾ cup powdered sugar since I do not like super sweet frosting.
The cookies end up super cakey and are pretty good even without the frosting but the frosting definitely puts them over the top. Oh and your house is going to smell fabulous! So go get your bake on! :]
What do you have planned for this week, what do you want to accomplish?
Is there anything you want to see crafted or created? Make sure to let me know! :]
Have a good Wednesday; before you know it the weekend will be here!