Hi All, Happy Friday!
I will be going to Orange County to meet my friends new baby girl next weekend. She is due anytime after the 7th so either the hospital or at home I hope I get to meet her. Since I am going down there I figured I would craft up some simple hair clippies to go with her quilt. I love making baby bows but my brother and sister in law aren’t big on the bow thing so I have been itching to make some girlie baby clippies and bows for someone who will use them so I was super excited when I found out she is having a girl! Now we are hoping this baby has as much hair as her brother does.
So today I am going to share with you a simple DIY Clippie Tutorial. I make them in pairs and since they are so easy I made a few pairs.
You will need: Alligator Clips, Ribbon, Hot Glue and if you want a non-slip grip (I use shelf lining)
1. I cut three pieces of ribbon 11cm, 9cm and 5 cm.
2. With the longest ribbon piece cover the alligator clip
3. After the clip is lined place a small circle of hot glue in the middle of the topside of the clip and add the longest remaining piece of ribbon in a circle.
4. Dab hot glue in the middle of the circle and secure it to the base of the clip
5. Dot the middle of the top of the bow
6. Place the last piece of ribbon on the dot of glue and wrap it around the clip.
This makes it easier to understand:
So if you have a baby shower coming up these are a super easy gift and you can personalize them by adding embellishments or just a unique ribbon combination.
Have a ball and remember they will love it whatever you do since it is from the heart. For a list of other great gift ideas check out my Pinterest.