So who pigged out? I did so today it is all about healthy foods and healthy options. I am making a few changes in my diet and if I share the journey with you all you can help to keep my in check.
Now there is a bit of a back-story to this so here I go. I used to play competitive softball, I am talking like four hour practices with two hours being conditioning so I was in great shape for a very long time but a couple of years ago I quit playing softball. And now I struggle a little bit with motivation to work out. I think I just haven’t found the exercise that I love yet and I know that I will. But until then I have been making changes in the kitchen because I am a firm believer that health starts in the kitchen. I feel obligated to disclose that I am still fit but I know I want to be toned again like I used to so I am working on making my way back to my super toned softball body and it all starts with what I eat.
Today is all about brainstorming healthy options, some will have recipes, some are suggestions and some will have recipes soon.
- Veggie Scramble (I love eggs with spinach topped with salsa)
- You get the egg protein and the vegetable nutrient and pair with some toast
- Great toppings include: blueberries, walnuts, bananas, peanut butter and apples
- I love my oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts and some honey to sweeten naturally
- Whole wheat toast with jelly or peanut butter is a good sustainable carb
- I go for peanut butter and bananas
- Use skim milk or another low fat milk option
- Salad with protein
- I love spinach salad with hard boiled egg, carrot, green onion, homemade croutons and feta
- Egg Salad is a close second- I use Italian dressing, lemon and only a tiny drop of mayonnaise but I do not like mayo so that is just me
- Tuna Salad- another great option
- Turkey Sandwich
- Pita Sandwich
- White Chicken Chili
- Turkey and Chicken Chili
- Tilapia Tacos
- Veggie Enchiladas
- Chicken Parmesan
- Sub olive oil spray when “frying” and zucchini pasta instead of real pasta, or whole wheat pasta
- Turkey Sliders
• Caprese on a Stick
• Greek Yogurt
• Raw Almonds or other nuts
• Rice Cakes or Quakes
• Peanut butter
• & Much More
For exercise and snack options check out my Excercise Motivation Board on pinterest and stay tuned for healthy recipes!
On the menu tonight are some turkey sliders and tomorrow pork chile verde then I am off to OC for the rest of the week.