Hey! I have been quite a slacker lately but good news is I have some projects under my sleeves which means you get to see the posts soon!
On this lovely Monday I am going to get a new phone, thank you tax return and I am going to share a two shirts to a dress tutorial. It is one of those dresses with the elastic band but it is a recycling project as you can use items you or your significant other has in their closet.
I started with my white tank top with an in n out stain on the lower half… that darned spread and then other tshirt is a knit shirt I got from Nico. The only thing I had to buy was some two inch elastic. Now the first time I mad an elastic dress I did not make it tight enough so I would recommend taking a measurement of where you desire the elastic to sit and make it a tight measurement. The reason I say tight is because the elastic will give and if you measure loosely the elastic will fit loosely and the overall look of the dress could be lost.
So with that being said here we go!
1. Cut button half of your tank top ( I cut right below the bust because I wanted the elastic to be right under the bust) set aside
2. Cut collar off of the tshirt
3. Take waist measurement and mark on the tshirt and make a make a diagonal stitch to make the skirt portion
4. Sew the skirt onto the elastic and do the same with the shirt you are welcome to sew the right side of the fabric to the wrong side of the elastic
5. Put your dress on and enjoy your recycled fashion
So have a good week check back for my tutorials and recipes! On the menu this week is:
Lasagna Bake- recipe will be posted
Standing Steak Roast (my first standing roast)
Round Two Recipe for the Roast, Steak Sandwiches
Chicken Pitas with homemade pita courtesy of Pinterest
So what is on your to do list?
What is cooking this week?
What is your crafting goal for March?
Thank you all for stopping by and following! :]