Monday the start of another lovely week!
I am sharing a recipe today for baked tofu. I have been making meatless lunch options lately as a way to eat healthier and I wanted to try something new.
I found a bake tofu recipe but it was simply marinated in soy sauce and I thought it would taste way too salty so I made my own marinade. So here we go!
· Firm tofu
· Soy sauce
· Teriyaki sauce
· Sesame seeds
1. Drain the tofu, place on top of a paper towel on top of a plate and place another heavier plate or bowl on top to let the excess liquid drain out
2. Let it sit like this for at least 15 minutes and up to an hour
3. While it drains mix up the marinade ¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup teriyaki sauce, 1-2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tbs siracha, 1tbs sesame seeds
4. Slice the tofu and place in a shallow edge pan and pour the marinade over the tofu and let soak for a good 30mins to an hour… the longer it soaks the deeper the flavor. You should rotate the tofu halfway througth the marinating time as well.
5. Place the marinated tofu on a baking sheet lined with aluminum and bake the tofu at 350 for 30-45 minutes depending how firm you want it. It will shrink as it cooks and should be flipped every 10 minutes.
So I was undecided about tofu until I made my own baked tofu. So once I was done I just ate it just as is, it was good. I also topped it on salad and ate it along side some noodles. Overall a great no meat option.
I would recommend trying it out. :]