So on this lovely Saturday I have a lasagna/pasta bake to share with you but first I want to share my lovely maintenance issues right now.
So we live in an apartment and two weeks ago I called an put in a request for maintenance because our refrigerator was freezing anything in the drawers and liquids like milk…. Icey milk is gross and at least one galloon of milk had to be thrown away along with some produce. Now they came yesterday and looked at it but it is a small space so they said they would come back today and take it out and just replace it…. Well they also told me to keep an eye on the temperature so this morning when I wake up that is what I do and I discover a lot of my food in my freezer is now defrosted….I am getting so angry at them for not making this a priority after I let them know what was happening but apparently me having to throw away possibly hundreds of dollars worth of meat doesn’t matter to them. I know that sounds like a lot of food but most of it is meat that I pick up while it is on sale: chicken, ribs, bacon… and 3 packs of bacon from Costco are now defrosted, some ribs I just bought at defrosted and some mini pancakes are defrosted as well as all the frozen fruit I had for smoothies. Got to say this is so annoying and I really hope they get this taken care of soon before the ribs fully defrost and same with the chicken…. Here is hoping I can salvage this and not have to throw anything away. :.[
Sorry for my not so happy story but with the good you get the bad and the ugly as well and boy my not so greatest idea post was definitely an ugly project…. But no need to scroll back and look for that ;)
Onto the yummy goodness of my lasagna bake, this recipe came into play when I wanted the taste of lasagna but really didn’t feel like taking forever and a day to make it.
· Pasta Sauce
· Turkey or Italian Sausage (I use whatever I have on hand)
1. Start by prepping the pasta as the package indicates
2. In a separate pan heat over medium and add about 1tbs olive oil, once heated add the sausage to the pan and let it brown
3. Once it gets slightly brown grate and add one small/medium white onion to the mixture, also grate and add 1-2 zucchini
4. Allow the mixture to sauté and one the sausage is fully cooked then set it aside.
5. Take the cook pasta and place it back in the pan it was cooked in and add the sauté sausage mixture to it
6. Add in tomato sauce and ricotta. I use about ½ cup tomato sauce and ½ cup ricotta but I only cook for two but use a 1 to 1 combo or whatever you prefer taste wise
7. Mix the mixture all together and place in a baking dish
8. Top with Mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and slightly gold
**Side Note** Nico is not a fan of zucchini so I sliced and sautéed it separately then just layered it in the bottom of the bowl before adding the pasta
Another note is that when I make it for myself I also add in spinach and mushrooms because I really love vegetables but we all have to make some sacrifices and mine is just making my vegetables separately which is a good compromise for me.
So while I sit here hoping maintenance shows up really soon I am going to make a black knapsack type bag and I will take pictures and be sure to share it with you when I am done and have made the pattern for you all :]
Have a good weekend everyone!