Hey Hey Hey!
I missed you all… I hope you guys missed me but I will settle for missing my crafts and recipes :]
Now nothing much has been going on, I have been on a little bit of a crafty break. All because I am trying to reorganize my crafting items and well that takes a lot longer and requires way more energy than I thought.
I have been cooking but nothing new and exciting lately but I also signed up for Farm Fresh to you which is totally cool and delivers a nice box of organic fruits and veggies to my doorstep every other week. You can set up frequencies I am the only veggie lover in the house so every other week is great for me! And if you want to sign up on your own let me know I have a code for you to use as a discount!
Now this week before my box came Nico and I went to the Farmer’s Market to get some fruit since I love fruit. I was so tempted to get figs for I have never had a fig before but I didn’t… But I was so happy when I got my box and saw that figs were in my box! Woot Woot!
Now have been snacking on them and just eating them and they are great that way but I wanted to do something with them. Previously I had a strawberry bruschetta on goat cheese so I thought about that and made this fig crostini!
· Crostini (Baguette cut into slices and toasted)
· Goat Cheese
· Balsamic Vinegar
· Salt & Pepper
1. Cut the baguette into slices and place a single layer on the cookie sheet and broil 1-2 minutes until nice and golden brown.
2. Slice the figs and place in a bowl about 2-3 slices per bread slice so how ever many you want to make. 1 fig can do 2-3 crostinis.
3. In the fig bowl add 1 tbs balsamic and a generous amount of salt and pepper. I love fresh cracked pepper and fresh cracked sea salt
4. On the toasted bread spread a layer of goat cheese and top with 2-3 slices of fig.