I take 1-2 hours out of my day on a Sunday to plan my meals for the week so that I have healthy lunch choices and in turn I save myself lots of money!
My general guide for meal preps has been adapted from the 24 day challenge I did through advocare. I have adapted it a bit to better suite my life but all my meals tend to be one serving of protein and then a serving of vegetables.
I really love all veggies but I try to do some kind of veggie that is cooked and then something raw like a salad. For this particular meal prep above I made:
- Oatmeal Packets- 1/3 cup quick oats that I cook in vanilla almond milk and mix with fresh blueberries
- Shrimp Ceviche I bought some baked tortilla chips to go along side
- Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken I also grilled up lemons to squeeze lemon juice over the chicken before reheating in. With the grilled chicken I grilled zucchini. Typically with my grilled chicken I use on chicken breast that I have cut in half.
- Grilled Zucchini: drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder
- Salad: mix of romaine and kale with cucumber, tomato and feta. Dressing: 1 TBS Italian Dressing
- Fruit: Fresh Strawberries, blueberries and concord grapes about 1/2 cup total for a post lunch sweet snack
- Celery Sticks that I eat with low fat ranch with my hard boiled egg snack
- Hard boiled Eggs post breakfast/mid morning snack
Note that this type of meal plan works for me and my body type. Everybody is different so the key is to find what works for you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.